Saturday, September 23, 2006

Delusions of Grandeur & Meat Pies

One of the reasons why I started this blog is because I wanted to get in some practice writing. I read somewhere that one of the important things towards becoming a writer is practice. Although I have no delusions of grandeur about being a famous writer, I wanted to try it out. So when I had an interesting dream last, it occurred to me that I should be taking down some notes. Maybe I can build a short story around this dream. So I started taking down notes and I remember thinking 'wow, this is good stuff!'. Then I woke up. Apparently, I was dreaming that I was taking down notes. When I realized that, I started to look for a pen and paper to really take down notes this time. I couldn't find any. Then I saw my laptop, but by the time it booted up, I couldn't remember my dream. The only thing I managed to write was 'Dad cannot eat pie because he gets meat choked'. It's the last thing that someone said in my dream. The last thing I took down when I was dreaming that I was writing down notes. I should have realized I was dreaming when I was taking down notes in real time; writing them down as the people in my dream were talking or as events were unfolding:P

So now, I have that line around which I can build a short story. Wish me luck. I'll post it here if I ever come up with something.

No comments: